PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

busy bee

I've got lots of sewing projects in the works and I'm hoping I can get them all done before school starts...which is now less than a month away...Eeeek!

First up, a sweet hand-embroidered Goldilocks inspired dress for the little pumpkin. Remember {this} sweet fabric? Well, I'm so happy and so sad I prewashed it. Happy because at least it happened BEFORE the dress was sewn. Sad because it came out of the wash with the background faded in spots...sort of like a tie dye fade. Slight but it's there. Boo hoo.

On to plan b. Lucky for me this sweet collection of Denyse Schmidt fabrics for JoAnn's just happened to work out perfectly and now I'm thinking the skirt portion of the dress will be a stripwork pattern using these gorgeous fabrics I'm in love with.
Aren't they so pretty? Love them! And they happen to be 40% off at JoAnn's right now :) Speaking of great deals...our Walmart had these long-sleeve crew neck girly tees on sale for $1, yes $1! They had white, brown and light pink...mixed in with their short-sleeve mini pocket tees. Not sure if this is everywhere but worth checking out if you need some blanks for appliques or layering this Fall.One last project...these sweet fabrics from my stash...will soon become the little pumpkin's new nap mat for school! This one is all up to Noonie and I'm so excited to see the finished product.

And speaking of Grace...errr...Marbry. Yes, this little pumpkin of mine has insisted we call her "Marbry" for the past week. Such silliness! At least it's a cute name - HA!
Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments: