PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

jump, bounce, flip, & play! {birthday party}

Soooooo...for putting this party together at the last minute, I think it turned out cute. If you want to read the backstory, see HERE.I know one thing for sure: GRACE HAD A BLAST running, jumping, and playing with her friends Saturday afternoon.

AND...Hudson did too! Who knew he was such the 'ladies man' HA! He loved every minute of being chased after by Grace's girlfriends.
First up, the challenge: SO BRIGHT and primary/secondary color-ish...Did I mention the little pumpkin wanted pink and aqua blue for her colors??? :)
So I added red to her fave two shades to make it a little more boy-friendly and this is what I came up with: I didn't bother decorating in the actual jumping room because there were other parties overlapping ours and honestly, I couldn't get past the big, bright, massive bounce houses...hmmm, why has no one built a pastel color bounce house around here...hint, hint, hint. Fun times with friends! Grace was so excited to see her teacher, Mrs. Bryan. Thank you Mrs. Bryan for coming!! This was one busy party - so hard to get good group pics! So although our party started at 2:30 p.m., because of the way the bounce house overlaps parties, I wasn't able to set up the party room until about 20 minutes before the kids were set to walk in the room, which meant I missed a chunk of all the bouncing fun :( With no time to spare I just focused on the cake table. Thank you Bridgette & Segi for helping me!I sure wish I would have had time to set up some color coordinated back boards to cover that bright orange wall...oh, well!

Time for cake...
{thank you Alyson for another scrumptious cake!}
...and cupcakes too!The Target Bakery made the cupcakes matching the color on the invitation and I just added these sweet toppers - love how they turned out! Make a wish... and BLOW! So yummy!
Sweet presents...I've been practicing with Grace how to sit like a lady and I was so tickled to see her up there in that big throne with her little legs crossed :) Sweet notes like these are just the best!Who needs bounce houses when you can play with crinkle paper??? he he heThe favors...
{and I'm not even going to waste anymore time thinking about the pink bubblegum and aqua blue sixlets that got left behind at home on our rush out the door *sigh*}
For the girls...yo-yo hair clippies lovingly made by Noonie. LOVE 'em!! Thank you, Noonie! Fun, flavored lip balm too!For the boys...soak & toss water bombs and matchbox cars...fun, fun, fun! Sweet little treats just to say, "thank you for coming". I think they liked them :)
(and I didn't get any pics but the bubblegum lollipops were a big hit too!)
And of course, we had to have hats for everyone... Four little candles and plenty of jumping, bouncing, flipping, and playing!
Happy 4th Birthday, Grace!
Hope this party was just what your sweet heart desired!
We loved having our family & friends there... ...and that's a wrap!Whew, three birthday celebrations in 3 days...time for a break!
But wait..........only 98 days until Hudson's 2nd birthday! Aaah! :)


SOURCES:
Grace's Party Outfit by TaDa! Creations
Invitation and Printables by Party Box Design
Party Hats by Lulu & Co.
Polka Dot Balloons from Hobby Lobby

29 comments:

Ashley said...

SO SO SO CUTE! Love everything! Great attention to deatails too ;)

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said...

You did a great job! I admire you for going with the flow and listening to what your little one really wanted to do for her party. I would have had a really rough time switching gears. I love her color scheme. She has good taste. I love the picture with her ankles crossed. So sweet. The whole party is adorable! Kudos!

Heather L. said...

Jessica, leave it to YOU to make even a bounce house ADORABLE!!! Love the colors, and I CRACKED UP that you coordinated the boys' car favors to the party colors - a girl after my own heart! I would have done the same thing =) Everything is beautiful - great job again, Mama!!!

Anonymous said...

Carson had a great time - he ended up being as red as the color of the balloons! Which by-the-way ended up being a big hit with Carson (& Preston)...we ended up taking some home ;).

The party was just fab - the kids had a blast and you did a great job with bringing all the details to life. It so felt like a Jessica party and I think you can count it as a success!

BTW - Grace hit the jack pot with the presents! I loved how there were certain things she spent a little extra time examining...and although I couldn't hear her talking, I could see her lips move saying things like - "WOW", "OH" & "THANK YOU"...so cute!

Thanks again for the invite...can't wait to see what's in store for Hudson's.

P.S. - Julie and I were talking this weekend...you know there will be a time when 'boys' no longer will be on the invite list and vice versa so we will have to come up with smaller get togethers when that time comes (I know it's several years from now...but hey, it makes me sad to know our kiddos are growing up even though they are still our babies!)

Love ya'll!

Kelli said...

Such a cute party. You were a wonderful mommy to let Grace have the party she wanted. I do love the family party you had for her as well...love the vintage feel of it. I really like Grace;s drerss and party hat. Did you make the dress? I am so looking forward to getting in touch with you in a month or so to see about getting some party hats made for my little one.

Cupcakes and Lemonade said...

You are the only person that I have ever seen make a bounce house party look so good! We used the same colors for my girls party, LOVE that combo! Everything was beautiful and Grace looked so happy!

Amanda said...

Jessica, everything looked beautiful! Cant believe you pulled that off in 20 mins!!!! LOVE the favors in the blue boxes...darling hats too, all just great!

Teresa said...

Oh wow Jessica, I didn't think it was humanly possible to make a bright and boldly coloured Jump House look pretty but you did it! I thought from your last post that you had left the prettiness to the home celebration but am so impressed that you did both!

Amy Hightower Murphy said...

Jessica, the cake table looked so cute! And I know all the kiddos had a great time! So glad Grace had a wonderful party!

Virginia said...

Great party, Jessica!
I'm so glad that you let Grace have the party she wanted... and you made it beautiful! Just seeing her radiant smile while she was running and jumping all around with her friends was worth all your efforts. Your child's happiness: that's all a mother's heart wants. Great job!
Love, Mom/Noonie

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading the party posts, you put so much thought and consideration into all the little details. I'm currently working on my stepdaughter's birthday party for this weekend and spend 4 hours decorating sugar cookies in an Alice In Wonderland theme! LOL I can appreciate seeing how you "make lemonade" out of any situation you are thrown into!

Spears said...

wow! love the cake table...the cupcake toppers are too cute, and the cake is amazing! Love the favors...that Noonie outdid herself :)
Happy birthday Grace!

Anonymous said...

WOW, as usual, it all looks amazing! You are such a good momma for going ahead with the last minute switcheroo!

Love your wreath on your door.

ALso, can Noonie make me a clip too =)

Queen of Good Intentions said...

I knew that I would be impressed and boy was I right!! I love how you showed us how to take what you have and make it great! Most of all great fun! Your pictures are a great treasure. I especially love how you managed to pull all the colors together- thanks for sharing them all!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE.... you have beyond great style and your kids are PRECIOUS!

Unknown said...

where did you find those matchbax cars ...especially the classic truck???

Jessica said...

All the matchbox cars came from Target! :)

Unknown said...

thanks! great party!

Unknown said...

also ...where did you find water bombs? you have great ideas!

Jessica said...

Thank you!

Water bombs came from Target as well! They were 2/$1.00 when I bought them, but I just saw them in their dollar section...3/$1.00! :)))

adidas nmd said...

replica watches
nike tn
converse trainers
coach outlet online
cheap jordans
coach factory outlet
ugg boots
oakley sunglasses wholesale
nike shoes
michael kors handbags

Unknown said...

kobe 9
air jordan shoes
adidas nmd
longchamp
tory burch shoes
yeezy boost 350
michael kors outlet
kobe shoes
longchamp bags
kyrie shoes

Unknown said...

yeezy
nmd
retro jordans
lebron shoes
michael kors outlet
true religion
jordan 11
http://www.kobeshoes.uk
kobe shoes
adidas stan smith

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.5.26
hermes belt
christian louboutin shoes
coach factory outlet
pandora
san antonio spurs jerseys
pandora charms
kate spade outlet
ray ban eyeglasses
ralph lauren outlet
christian louboutin outlet

yanmaneee said...

bape hoodie
converse shoes
goyard handbags
longchamp bags
michael kors outlet
patriots jersey
nike air force
curry 5
stephen curry 5
nike max

SSSSSS said...

off-white
basketball shoes
fitflops sale clearance
nike air max 270
yeezy boost 350
adidas eqt
nike shoes
nike air zoom pegasus 32
michael kors outlet online
oakley sunglasses

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.15
coach outlet online
true religion
dsquared2
ugg boots
off white jordan
moncler outlet
vibram five fingers
christian louboutin
hugo boss
jordan shoes

Unknown said...

www1107

pandora charms
true religion jeans
coach outlet online
pandora jewelry
coach outlet
air max 90
jordan shoes
true religion jeans outlet
red bottom shoes
ralph lauren polo










nasadee said...

you could try this out https://www.dolabuy.su check out this site replica wallets click this site Dolabuy Chloe