PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 14, 2010

it's beginning to look a lot like...

...SCHOOL TIME!

To get the little pumpkin even more excited about starting "big girl school" {preschool}, we took her shopping for school supplies. Oh my, she was SO, SO, SO excited!

We quickly grabbed a Grace-approved pink basket and headed to School Supply Land, also known as Target.

You would have thought it was Christmas. Grace kept jumping from side to side checking everything out and putting all kinds of stuff in her basket. At one point I think she had 12 bottles of Elmer's glue in her basket. The little pumpkin loves glue. I think she associates glue with all the projects we do. Can you blame a girl for being crafty?? She even had to strike a pose or two...you know, to keep things interesting. Off topic, but too funny not to share...
Picture this: The little pumpkin spinning on her belly on the coffee table, one leg straight, one leg bent at the knee.
Me: Grace, get off the table.
Grace: I can't. I'm ticking like a clock.
Ay Ay Ay! Her teacher's got her work cut out for her!
------------------------------------

I want the little pumpkin to always have a giving heart. So while she was picking out her supplies, we talked about kids who might not have school supplies and we picked up some extras to donate........hope someone loves glue as much as Grace does! Such a fun little trip. Her excitement is contagious!
I can't believe my baby girl is headed to preschool. *sniff, sniff*

And coming tomorrow.... the Pink PreK Party!

8 comments:

Heather L. said...

What sweet pictures. Love her outfit! She is always dressed so cute. I really miss dressing my girls like I want to - enjoy it!

Can't wait to see the party pics!

Amber said...

I just loved to go school shopping!! I can't wait to go with Reese but at the same time hope it doesn't come to quickly :) Reese really enjoyed looking at pictures of Grace on this post :) Now to let them meet in person!

Cute outfit as always!

Cricket said...

we Love to school supply shop as well!! Did it weeks ago!! And I have to say that I loaded up on $.25 glue!! Me and my boys love to make goop with Elmers glue!! :) Precious pix as always!! Target is the bomb!

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

We did our Target school supply trip this weekend too! Oh my, it adds up for three kids!

Louley's Belles said...

Too Cute, can't wait to see pics from prek party. We got all of our supplies except one thing. It's impossible to find construction paper anywhere.

Kelli said...

Looks like so much fun! I am looking forward to seeing pictures from the pink party!!

The England Family said...

Can't wait to see the pre k pink party pictures. Wow, that's a lot of 'p's!!

Jessica said...

I'm a grown up and I STILL love back-to-school shopping!! Glad to know I'm not the only one! :)

And yes, it DOES get expensive. Especially when the 49c red/blue/green/yellow scissors won't do...we have to get the $1.99 PINK ones instead :O

Laura~ I ended up having to go to the specialty stores to get the construction paper, maybe b/c they were asking for 12x18" size??