PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

hats, finds, & a recipe!

This little set of hats is on its way to Disney, to help a special little boy celebrate his birthday in style this Saturday! I can't think of a better place to spend your second birthday than the Happiest Place on Earth, can you?Happy 2nd Birthday, Sam!!!
BIG HUGS from our family to you!

And what about this soft & sparkly little hat??? This one belongs to an adorable little princess that will be celebrating her "Winter ONEderland" birthday next month! Her mom is so creative, I can't wait to see this party come to life!

So excited about a couple of little finds from yesterday...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these sweet vintage inspired treat bags! I'm thinking MiLk & CooKIeS for the neighbors and for the littles' Christmas parties...maybe we'll even bring Santa a treat when we take pictures with him in a couple of weeks :)And then there are these two little vintage books that I stumbled upon while looking for something else...love it when it works out that way!And Finally, the requested recipe is here!

Corn & Crawfish Bisque
from my dear friend Heidi's kitchen
{she really should write a cookbook...she's THAT good!}
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 bunch of green onions
one package of frozen crafish tails (thawed & rinsed)
2 cans of Campbell's potato soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of kernel corn (drained)
4 ounces of cream cheese
2 cups of 1/2 & 1/2

Directions:
1. Saute onions in one tablespoon of butter and set aside.
2. Saute crawfish tails in 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
3. Combine all ingredients including onions & crawfish in a large pot and heat thoroughly.
Keep warm in the crockpot. You could also let the whole thing simmer in the crockpot after sauteing the onions & crawfish (for added flavor).
Great for parties!

Enjoy!

8 comments:

sugarandspicecouture said...

Love the hats!!! I noticed in a previous post you said you would share how to make them? =)
Did I miss that post?

Jessica said...

Thank you!

I had so many requests for the hats that I started selling them so I don't have a tutorial up, but here are some fun tutorials I googled for another blogger who was interested.

Haven't tried any of them so I can't attest to how easy/great they are, and they're all a bit different from how I make mine, but maybe fun to give one a try!

http://imakestuff.typepad.com/i-make-stuff/2009/11/birthday-hat-tutorial.html

http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/02/25/princess-birthday-hat/

http://blueeyedfreckle.blogspot.com/2010/08/birthday-hat-tutorial.html

http://creationcorner.blogspot.com/2010/02/birthday-hat-1-tutorial.html

http://www.birthdaygirlblog.com/2010/07/guest-post-diy-fringe-party-hats.html

Lynsey said...

I love the hats!! Do you have an etsy shop?

Jessica said...

Not yet, Lynsey! :)

I just sell them locally and directly through my blog (Payment via PP). Hats are $20/each with discount for orders of 10+.

Amber said...

Great job on the hats...as always! I know they will be a big hit for Sam's party. Love the blue one!!! I am sure that will be one pretty party!

Nichcole said...

Would love to know where you found those ADORABLE....merry christmas bags?

Kelli said...

Love the hats..I really like to Disney had we are leaving for Disneyland in a few weeks! I will get in touch with you in a few months for a hat for my little ones birthday.

Jessica said...

Thanks Amber!

Nichcole~ I bought them at a local gift shoppe (24 for $6) but I found the name on the back of the bags!! They're by The Sugar Diva and you can find them (& more!) here:

http://www.thesugardiva.com/item_528/Santa-Party-Favor-Treat-Bags.htm

Kelli~ I'd be happy to!